Political Parties Leadership Forum Meeting
February 17, 2011 (Juba) — The Political Parties Leadership Forum, having met in Juba from 16-17th February 2011, made the following resolutions:
1. Approved the report of the Southern Sudan Referendum results and applaud the people of Southern Sudan for their historic decision.
2. Commended and approved the report of the Chairman of the Southern Sudan 2011 Referendum Taskforce.
3. Unanimously approved the name of the new State as “The Republic of South Sudan”.
4. Approved the name of the currency as “South Sudan Pound”.
5. Approved the participation of Political Parties, Civil Society and faith-based groups and further approved the inclusion of their members into the established Technical Committee to review the Interim Constitution of Southern Sudan (ICSS).
6. Approved the post-referendum processes of National Anthem and Coat of Arms (emblem) to proceed as planned under the Taskforce Technical Working Groups’ work plan with public participation in those activities.
7. Approved the current Flag which the SPLM has surrendered to the nation.
8. Approved that the draft of the amended Interim Constitution of Southern Sudan will be presented to the Political Parties Leadership Forum before it is presented to the Southern Sudan Legislative Assembly.
Juba, February 17th, 2011.